The goal this week is to set aside 10-20 minutes for stillness and reflection. Each day will lead with Gratitude and 5 Minute Monkey Mind Journaling (aka brain dump) followed by a short prompt with additional exploratory questions should you feel inspired to expand on your thoughts and feelings.
This practice is FOR YOU. No one else (unless you feel inclined to share). It’s an opportunity to step away from our phones, sit with ourselves, and allow the anxiety, fear, frustration, and confusion to live somewhere other than your mind—in this case a blank page.
Once you’ve allowed what has been weighing on you to pour from you, you set it aside and start a blank page tomorrow.
- Write down three things you’re grateful for.
- Set your timer for 5 minutes and pour what’s on your mind to paper. No filtering. No editing.
- Today’s prompt:
If you had full ownership of your time and money wasn’t a factor, what would your ideal day look like?
When I say full ownership of time, what I’m referring to is the absence of obligations or responsibilities. Aside from the 6 to 8 hours required for sleep, what would be your ideal way of optimizing, maximizing, spending, or investing the other 16-18 hours of your day?
Expanded prompt questions:
- What projects or dreams would you be working towards?
- What spaces would you like to occupy?
- Who would you like to spend your time with?
- Where would you like to invest more of your time?
I love you all.
We are in this together.
We will get through this.