It’s been one whole week of Guided Journaling! Can I please take a moment to express how grateful I am to everyone who used these prompts this week (even if only once) to make sense of what’s happening around us? I know they weren’t easy at times, but discomfort is often where growth begins.
You showed up.
Even if it was only for five minutes.
You showed up and allowed yourself to sit with your thoughts and express yourself honestly and move into a place of gratitude for everything we have at this moment. What a wildly beautiful thing. To make time to show up for and connect with our inner selves while allowing those darker thoughts to live in the light. I’m proud of you for what you let surface so far, now let’s finish the week strong with Prompt #7.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Write down three things you’re grateful for.
- Set your timer for 5 minutes and pour what’s on your mind to paper. No filtering. No editing. Just scribbling.
- Today’s prompt:
If you could live one day as an alias, who would you embody in the world?
Expanded prompt questions:
- What qualities do they possess that you most admire?
- What skills or knowledge do they have that you would like to learn?
- What kind of people are they surrounded by?
- What kind of projects are they involved in?
- What sort of community are they immersed in?
- What are some of the dreams they are pursuing?
That person is actually you. If you can imagine someone you want to be, you have the power to become that person. We don’t have to sleepwalk our way through this life. We can dream wildly and feel deeply and express ourselves truthfully and vulnerably. It’s really scary at first. Almost like staring at a blank page not sure of what to say. Until you have the courage to start. And then it flows from you like ink bleeding to paper.